Owensboro Country Club is located within the city of Owensboro on Byers Avenue, and was founded in 1919. It began with a nine-hole golf course, with a second nine holes being added in the late 1940 s. The original clubhouse was demolished and a new clubhouse was built in 1958, enlarged and remodeled in 1995
The Club owns approximately 117 acres of land and its facilities include a clubhouse, a swimming and diving pool, an eighteen hole golf course, four clay and two hard tennis courts, miscellaneous support and service buildings. The Club is a private, non-profit corporation owned by its Shareholder Members and offers a full variety of recreational services and dining facilities for the enjoyment of its members, their families, and guests. Additionally, the Club caters functions for nonmembers in the clubhouse and on the golf course.